A way to boot with stowfs

From: Praveen A
Subject: A way to boot with stowfs
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:25:32 -0700

Hi,

 I think I have figured out a simple way to boot hurd with stowfs
enabing us to use stowfs. This would solve the unionfs-exec server
cyclic dependedency problem.

We can give the comeplete path for gnumach, ld.so.1 and exec (like
/stow/gnumach--ams--1.3pre21/boot/gnumach instead of current
/boot/gnumach ) to grub. The only issue I forsee is need to update
grub configuration for each of gnumach, glibc and hurd upates (the
longer path in the conf file is a minor issue I think).

I think grub has to load unionfs (stowfs) also.

ams, Can we try this with a stow only snapshot? I have tried it with
your last snapshot and it works.

Happy Hacking
Praveen
--