Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:00:37 +0200

       Lucky you, there is at least someone that knows the basic design
       behind the Hurd ;) What I think must be clearly told is this:
       will gnumach survive or not ?

   When I discussed this with Marcos a couple of years ago,
   he pointed out serious flaws with GNU Mach.  He believed that
   replacing it was essential.

Indeed this is what I did understand too but as time passes,
there is no news on what is *currently* done and *how*.

   The flaws are real.  I recall that at least in part of that discussion
   I thought that the flaws were not absolutely fatal, that the Hurd on
   GNU Mach could still be useful for some things.  I don't recall what my
   conclusion was at the end of the discussion.  But it is clear that our
   best hope for making the Hurd really good is Hurd-NG.

Let see how this is going to be. I hope we will see something out
not that too long.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org