Re: GNU Package Management System

From: Andrew Resch
Subject: Re: GNU Package Management System
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:22:01 -0700

> /var/'GPMS' as you call it, is not needed.  This data is stored with
> the actual binary package in a sub-directory called SUMMARY.

Is there any idea/notes on what exactly will be contained in SUMMARY and
the format of such items?

We should get this figured out so that stowfs development can move
forward with implementing /stow/DEPENDENCIES.  Also getting these
SUMMARY files into GSC seems like one of the last things we need to get
done to start building `complete' packages for GNU.