[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: lily coughs on mudela files

From: David J. Roundy
Subject: Re: lily coughs on mudela files
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 08:10:05 -0700
User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 06:20:35AM -0700, David J. Roundy wrote:
> Denemo was written for an older version of lily, in which those semicolons
> were supposed to be there.  As I see it, there are two ways one could go
> about fixing it.  One would be to make denemo output good 1.4 lily.  The
> other would be to make denemo call convert-ly.  I experimented with the
> former for a while, and just by removing a lot of semicolons from
> "exportmudela.c" I was able to get the playback working.  However, I'm not
> sure whether or not I broke the import of lily files.
> I also ran into a bug in which notes below middle c were written about 10
> octaves too high, and at that point I stopped working on it, and decided
> I'd stick with editing lily by hand.  But you should be able to just remove
> all those semicolons and get it to work.

Here's a patch to make denemo support lily 1.4.  It also deals with the
fact that denemo assumed a gchar was a signed char, and on my system it
isn't, which is what gave bad octaves.
David Roundy

Attachment: denemo_patch
Description: Text document

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]