[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: lily coughs on mudela files

From: David J. Roundy
Subject: Re: lily coughs on mudela files
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 06:20:35 -0700
User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:06:43AM -0500, Daniel M. Griswold wrote:
> Hi all,


> This may be a FAQ, but I could find nothing on it.
> I have been using lilypond and denemo for some time now. Recently (and
> presumably after an upgrade) lily has stopped working on files I had
> previously worked on (some even recently). It seems that the problem
> has to do with semicolons at the end of directives. Example:

I just tried denemo yesterday, ran into this error, and spent a few hours
figuring out what was wrong.

Denemo was written for an older version of lily, in which those semicolons
were supposed to be there.  As I see it, there are two ways one could go
about fixing it.  One would be to make denemo output good 1.4 lily.  The
other would be to make denemo call convert-ly.  I experimented with the
former for a while, and just by removing a lot of semicolons from
"exportmudela.c" I was able to get the playback working.  However, I'm not
sure whether or not I broke the import of lily files.

I also ran into a bug in which notes below middle c were written about 10
octaves too high, and at that point I stopped working on it, and decided
I'd stick with editing lily by hand.  But you should be able to just remove
all those semicolons and get it to work.
David Roundy

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]