gnu-music-discuss

Harakiri "prints" white space

From: Héctor M . Monacci
Subject: Harakiri "prints" white space
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:30:52 +0100

Friends,

I'm using Windows 2000 and just switched from Lily 1.3.46 to 1.3.119 in
order to get metronome markings (thank you Mike Vanier, Han-Wen and Jan!).

Now I have metronome marks, but I'm experiencing another problem.

In a Singing / Piano score, Harakiri is useful to hide the empty staves of
the singing part. This is just what I was doing. But Lily 1.3.119 under
Windows 2000 seems to "print" the white space that would be occupied with
the empty Singing staff. So: 1) you don't really gain space on the page, and
2) this produces some ugly page composition problems, since white space and
print become unbalanced. Lily 1.3.46 used to behave better in Harakiri: I
got no ink on the paper for the empty staff, and no extra white space
either.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a bug? Is there a way to solve it?

Thanks,

Héctor Monacci
address@hidden