gnu-music-discuss

Re: shift-music

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: shift-music
Date: 21 Feb 2001 09:24:45 +0100

  Laurent> That should work. However, I have to explicitly pass the
  Laurent> key to shift-music. Does anybody knows how to get it
  Laurent> automatically ?

  Han-Wen> There is no "the" key signature of a piece of music, since
  Han-Wen> key signature is a property of the staff, not of the music.
  Han-Wen> That being said, you can search for a music object
  Han-Wen> containing the property 'pitch-alist, but that only works
  Han-Wen> if you specify a keysignature for every scale sequential
  Han-Wen> music.

Well, in this case, it would be nice to have a
``get-current-key-signature'' function or something like that.

Also, is there a description of what a music block looks like in
scheme ? I think it might be usefull to be able to create scheme
function that produce music, instead of just transforming it. Having a
\eval would also be useful (but \apply #func \notes {} would do the
trick).

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden              http://www.linuxfan.com/~laurent