Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] duplicated messages and NYLXS cross-posting

From: Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss)
Subject: Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] duplicated messages and NYLXS cross-posting
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 08:04:07 -0800

On 2020-02-16 05:29, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
Le dimanche 16 février 2020, 12:20:07 CET Daniel Pocock a écrit :
Users who control their own mail servers probably have tactical
solutions they can use, e.g. /etc/postfix/access

Overkill, it’s not made for that, you’d better use client-side stuff, or
antispam tools.

A system should filter unwanted events as early in the pipeline as it can.

That is more efficient.

I don't want my mail server receiving and delivering stuff that is going
to be certainly deleted later; it wastes bandwidth and cycles.

It's also very simple to implement "drop connections from this
mail host" not to mention simpler to convince yourself that the rule
is correct.

Plus: what if I don't want to get *anything* from that server, list or not?