GNU Social Contract 1.0 - doubts

From: Phil Maker
Subject: GNU Social Contract 1.0 - doubts
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 09:28:56 +0930

Ludovic, ...,

Re the Social Contract I'm sure greater minds than mine have looked at
it but I feel obliged to make some sort of response of which the next paragraph is the only
important one.

Given the two options "I endorse" or "I do not adhere to" may I be bold as to choose
the third option, i.e. no thanks, not interested, neither answer is acceptable to me.
Please be so kind as to record that somewhere and if you make any public lists of

The following issues lead me to the above:

1. I understand from an email from RMS that he is not entirely supportive. Happy to be corrected.
2. In general peoples behaviour tends to be fairly good, in my experience or there is a reason behind
   it, either way I'm inclined to leave it as is. [e.g. I've never seen any bias against people on the
   basis of sexual orientation, ... from the workers, the managers yes]
3.  The gnu.tools CoC looks fundamentally flawed with the usual "Any other conduct... clause.."
   (BTW why gnu.tools not tools.gnu.org?)

And the language for the options whilst probably correct in some sense seems odd since
option 2 results in:

'I do not adhere to the policy of providing a harrasment free environment to all people"

That doesn't entirely seem to be a safe response in this current world.

Ta

--
Phil Maker
phoneemail: <philmakerphone@gmail.com> -- email to phone (fastest)

"Think on this doctrine, that reasoning beings were created for one another's sake; that to be patient is a branch of justice, and that men sin without intending it" -- Marcus Aurelius