Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 11:54:59 -0500

You make the incorrect assumption that the health of the GNU project
should be measured in how many new projects are adopted or released --
instead of what our goal is to provide a free operating system.  This
isn't a popularity contest.  It shouldn't be suprising that there will
be some kind of stagnation or decline with a very mature, and old
project like GNU.

The cadence of releases seems quite arbitrarily skewed too, there are
plenty of projects that do not make releases, and ones that have a
longer cadence of three years.

Your analysis reminds me of the old story of Methodist ministers in
New England and Cuban rum being imported to Boston.  Like that
statistical tidbit, you've really not shown anything.