Re: Feedback on the GNU Social contract and new wiki.gnu.tools.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Feedback on the GNU Social contract and new wiki.gnu.tools.
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:46:43 +0100

Hi Alfred,

ams@gnu.org (Alfred M. Szmidt) skribis:

> You are misusing the trust given by the GNU project by harvesting
> member information and using it for non-GNU purposes.  Nobody gave you
> the right to use that information, in any shape or form.

We didn’t harvest anything.  I think it’s reasonable for GNU maintainers
get in touch one another, and that’s unfortunately the only to do that
reliably AFAIK.

> The social contract you suggest has also been rejected, simply because
> we do not nor will we require members to accept such a document when
> they become GNU maintainers or volunteers.

The email we sent invites all GNU maintainers to weigh in to get to a
version of the social contract that we could all identify with.

It’s about building a shared understanding of what it is we’re aiming
for as a project.  To me, that can only be beneficial to the project and
its cohesion.

Thanks,
Ludo’.