Re: Why GNU/Linux is not accepted: an observation

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Why GNU/Linux is not accepted: an observation
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 00:37:41 +0100

Indeed, yet I heard Gnome want since quite some time now distance itself from
GNU, as an independent, not GNU-related project.

Furthermore, the (not always implementd) will to go toward a “cloud” (SaaSS)
approach, recalling me the dark times of the French Minitel, scared me and
hinted me that user-freedom is not anymore their goal, if not the abstract
believe in superiority of the “open source” method.

And I sincerely believe that, as GnuTLS, the current state of both projects is
they can’t be dismissed, reappointed or anything by rms.  I believe if Gnome
became a “cloud” software, unable to work without a central server, and rms
wanted to dub MATE as the new “GNOME”, he couldn’t (same as for GnuTLS, which
pose way less issues in regards of software freedom).