Re: list moderation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 11:59:18 +0100

Hi again Brandon,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> skribis:

> I think Mark and Carlos have done a great job.  I am happy that this
> list was host to constructive discussions and not as toxic as the
> private GNU lists.  I am concerned that about the ability to continue
> discussing constructively going forward.

A bit more than 24 hours later, two things have become clear to me: that
Mark and Carlos were indeed doing a good moderation job, and that by not
doing any moderation, you’ve opened the flood gates and silenced the
rest of us.

In that time we got ~100 messages, the majority of which were written by
the same 3 people.  Worse, many of those messages were personal attacks,
and many others were off-topic for this list.

Brandon, I see what you’ve achieved, but could you please explain what
your goal is?

Thanks,
Ludo’.