Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:44:17 +0100

Le lundi 4 novembre 2019 09:57:15 CET, vous avez écrit :
> * Alexandre François Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> [2019-11-04 09:35]:
> > Words carry connotation, emotional charge.  For instance, look at
> > these, that could very well be synonyms:
> > unstable/versatile/flexible/dynamic, stable/rigid/ static.  They
> > could have some nuance, but in some contexts they will mean the same
> > thing.

> each person is different,

To what extent?

> Emotions are carried by persons,  it is not
> carried by words.

No, not by persons, individually.  Otherwise language wouldn’t exist, because
it’s just the same with meaning.  Each person has per meaning.  Now emotions
as well as examples, recalls, definitions… in a word: meanings, are social, so
carried by group of people, by culture (it doesn’t impede society to
continually change through time and space in a continuous and fluid manner).

> Some people are more emotional, some less, some have
> traumas, and some don't have, we all react differently.

Yes, but keep in mind what could be understood (in both senses: receptor and
emitter).  Insult are a convention, so are all emotional charges.  Insults are
just an extreme of this.