Re: A GNU "social contract"

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: A GNU "social contract"
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:20:29 -0400

On 10/28/19 3:11 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> ams@gnu.org (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:
>> They shouldn't be required to defend the GNU projects values, we
>> welcome everyone.  And that is on purpose.
>
> I see a problem here... GNU is inclusive to anyone who is willing to be
> a dumb code monkey who doesn't care about freedom, but is unwilling to
> be inclusive to people who believe in the dream and want to drive it
> forward?
>
> I didn't sign up to be someone who "does what you're told and shut up we
> don't want your opinion, type faster."

This is a completely incoherent thought.  there is NOTHING that implies
they are looking for dumb code monkeys and by accepting everyone they
best preserve that value.  This amounts to just a rant with a bunch of
landmineds sprinkled in it... undefinable terms like "believe in the
dream."  I believe in the dream and was rewarded in 1986 when the Mets
won the World Series.  Or "unwilling to be inclussive" which is just
WRONG and bald faced lie in its expression.  They have excluded NOBODY,
much to my dismay.

> I've spent the last 30 years
> contributing because I believed in the dream, can't it be my dream >
>too?

Maybe or Maybe NOT.  Define "the dream".  Even Martin Luther King was
able to define his dream.  No organization or project can be all things
to all people.  If your dream is to take over GNU and the FSF and steer
it into a radical and reactionary left wing psuedo-marxist organizaiton
forget about it.  You need a new dream, honestly..

Take a few minutes out of your life and go watch the movie Network..

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com