Re: Linux Kernel.org email address

From: Francesco Ariis
Subject: Re: Linux Kernel.org email address
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:41:59 +0200

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 08:55:52PM +0100, Jacinto Moreno wrote:
> Hi,Our company has made some small modifications to the Linux Kernel and in
> order to be compliant with GPLv2 I wanted to send an email to kernel.org with
> the patches we made.https://www.kernel.org/doc/pending/gplv2-howto.html
> "... send the patch file to the project's developers, either directly in
> email or to the project's development mailing list."
> I was wondering if anybody knows to which e-mail address I need to send the
> email to?
> Thanks in advance
> Jacinto Moreno

Hello Jacinto,
    I suspect the Linux Kernel Mailing List [1] will do.

I would be a tad wary of that "How to comply with GPL version 2"
compendium: GPLv2 specifies nothing about sharing code with upstream
(even thought it is a good thing to do!); the requirement is, upon
binary (re)distribution, to provide source to users who request it
(see this [2] and related questions in the GPLv2 FAQ).

[1] http://www.tux.org/lkml/
[2]
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.html#HowCanIMakeSureEachDownloadGetsSource