Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:57:10 -0000

LMAO!

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> This is telling...
>
> > > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php
> > >
> > > (in comments)

-----
Defending Apple

Authored by: schestowitz on Wednesday, July 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM EDT

What would you say about Apple's handling of GPL-licensed software
in the iSomething store? Did you see what Harald and the FSF said?

---
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Medical Biophysics
-----

Reply:

-----
Defending Apple

Authored by: Anonymous on Wednesday, July 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM EDT

> What would you say about Apple's handling of GPL-licensed software
> in the iSomething store? Did you see what Harald and the FSF said?

I saw it, and the FSF made a right mess of it. There was software in the
app store that was licensed under the GPL, you could download it, get
the source code, everyone was happy except the FSF. They threatened with
court action, and I can very much understand that Apple doesn't feel any
obligation to fight for users' rights to use GPL'd software against the
FSF, and pulled the application from its store. It's exactly why many
people are against the DMCA; someone makes a claim of copyright
infringement and something is pulled. FSF made the claim of copyright
infringement, Apple pulled the software.
-----

Ph.D. Medical Biophysics did NOT respond...

regards,
alexander.

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm