Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement

From: Chris Ahlstrom
Subject: Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:12:42 -0000

Hyman Rosen pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 4/7/2010 4:30 PM, RJack wrote:
>> What appears to have happened is that the SFLC filed a mindless
>> copyright infringement claim concerning ?BusyBox, v.0.60.3.? that
>> they can't possibly win so they are attempting to cut their losses as
>> quickly as possible. Further prosecution of the suit would quickly run
>> up substantial attorney fees assessed against the SFLC.
>
> But the SFLC has already won, since Comtrend is now in compliance
> with the GPL. There are no losses to cut when you have not lost.

Odd.  I started a download of the first link at

   http://www.comtrend.com/gplcddl.htm

yesterday.

Today, I remembered it, but couldn't find the file.  Now none of the
download links work.  There is essentially nothing in this page:

   http://download.comtrend.com/

(I did not try to register.)

--
I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.  I
will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.  The Spirits of all