Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:10:57 -0000

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> On 3/25/2010 10:05 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Licenses covering a work "as a whole" are hard to press
>> when the material they cover is functionally a drop-in
>> replacement of existing non-free libraries. That makes
>> "mere aggregation" a really good defense.
>
> This is completely wrong.

The legal council of the FSF is, as far as I can concern, of different
opinion than you are, and this opinion influences what kind of work they
decide to release under what kind of license.

So whether or not you agree with their reasoning, it is part of the
decisions they make with regard to licensing.

--
David Kastrup