Re: SFLC is SOL

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: SFLC is SOL
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:09:23 -0000

On 3/19/2010 2:38 PM, RJack wrote:
This is the same pattern as Verizon (who also told
them to kiss their ass)

After the case against Verizon ended, Verizon made the
GPL-ed sources properly available. Thus, a successful
outcome for the SFLC.

The SFLC will *never* voluntarily allow a federal judge
> to review the GPL on the merits.

There is no need or possibility for court cases to continue
once the parties have reached agreement. So far, in all cases
filed by the SFLC, once the cases ended the defendants came
into compliance with the GPL. I fully expect the same pattern
to continue, and we indeed already have compliance from one
of the defendants in the recent filings.