Re: GPL traitor ! OT?: can my program say "GO RUN <some-fsf-program"?

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor ! OT?: can my program say "GO RUN <some-fsf-program"?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:46:41 -0400

amicus_curious wrote:

"Hyman Rosen" <hyrosen@mail.com> wrote in message news:J70Zl.1773$f43.1476@newsfe03.iad...

Copyright law involves copying. Ask yourself whether any protected
work is being copied in violation of the copyright holder's terms.
If there is no such copying, then copyright law does not prohibit
the action. Your case does not appear to involve any copying at all.

Silly boy! The GPL doesn't restrict copying at all. It restricts distribution of copies. If you distribute, you must comply, they say, although the recipient of an improperly distributed copy is specifically allowed to use the copy but cannot distribute in turn without compliance. The GPL seems to serve next to no purpose. After all your posting, I would think that you would have known that.

It is clear from a_c's repeated postings that he is infested
with parasitic alien mind-control worms and his statements
should be disregarded.