Re: GPL traitor !

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:58:52 +0200

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> So the wishes of the copyright holder simply cannot be guessed
>> from the license text itself
>
> When the copyright holder has chosen a particular license, all that is
> required from others is to abide by that license when required to do
> so. If the licensor were not happy with the terms of the license, it
> is a plausible inference that he would have chosen a different one.

Do you actually read what you are replying to?  We are talking about
copyleft.  Only the first GPL licensor has a choice of license, and
since he rarely wrote the license himself, it is unlikely that even his
understanding coincides completely with that of Stallman/Moglen (and I
would not ransom my horse on even those two agreeing in every aspect).

--
David Kastrup