Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:28:23 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Thufir Hawat wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:57:33 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>>> These posts of yours are unreadable, RJ.  They go on and on and
>>> on obsessively, yet they are none of them complete and coherent.

> Your whining continues obsessively Alan. Since you obviously don't
> understand kill-files:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
> please read up on the merits of kill-files and then implement one.

Hi, Rjack, please understand - I'm not whining, I'm trying to help you
get your point across; I'm giving you feedback intended to be helpful.

> A kill-file will save you untold anguish, as the characters from my
> posts that appear on your LCD screen will certainly force you to read
> them.

That's like saying an air raid shelter will save the anguish of bombs.

Again, as a matter of interest, there are two different verbs in German
meaning to persuade: "ueberzeugen" means to persuade by means of reason;
"ueberreden" means to "persuade" by browbeating, shouting, intimidation.
What you are trying to do here is the latter.  It's a shame there aren't
two corresponding words in English.

You may not have noticed, but nobody's engaging you any more in serious
debate about your idea.  It's been exhausted, talked out.  You even admit
you've posted several hundred times on the topic.  Why can't you talk
about something else, something others are interested in too?  That's
what newsgroups and mailing lists are for.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).