Re: [!NEWS] The GNUtards Must Be Crazy

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: [!NEWS] The GNUtards Must Be Crazy
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:52:14 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
http://www.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-64669&brandind=5000020

Note that "IBM ServeRAID Support CD for 8i, 8k, 8k-l, and 8s
Controllers" is a bootable Linux (including GNU userland stuff) and I've
been trying to find "complete corresponding source code" to no avail...
and no, the magic (a la your hypothetical Actiontec's "GPL disk") CD is
not included in the card's box.

The web site says
    The ServeRAID Support CD is a bootable CD for configuring ServeRAID
    controllers. It also contains user and device driver installation
    guides, driver update diskette images, installable device drivers,
    command line utilities, change histories, and other notes included
    in the README files.

Have you looked in those README files?

When are we going to see SFLC going after IBM?

If IBM is indeed violating the GPL, that would be when a Linux copyright
holder hires them to do so.