Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:54:31 -0500

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Why don't you quote the corresponding passages (demanding that the
defendants comply with the GPL) from the plaintiffs' complaint(s)?
Stop hallucinating, Hyman.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_(litigation)>
    In other situations (as where the claims have been satisfied by
    the payment of a certain sum of money) the plaintiff and defendant
    can simply file a notice that the case has been dismissed.

Because other than the appearance of the GPLed source code,
there is no way for me to know what settlement the parties
reached. Nor do I care; from the free software point of view,
availability of the sources is the only desideratum.