Re: Revisionist Open Source

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Revisionist Open Source
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:09:16 -0500

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
"open source" is just a marketing campaign for free software.

No. "Open Source" is a method of software development in which (duh!) the source code is open. That is, the source code may be viewed by people at large. Like Free Software, Open Source may have restrictions placed on how it may be used or incorporated into other products, and unlike Free Software, those restrictions
 can involve users not receiving the four freedoms.

My goodness Hyman!!! I totally agree with you!!! Maybe this
newsgroup is becoming bi-partisan. . .

Eat your heart out Barack.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)