Re: GCC can be used with any license ..

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: GCC can be used with any license ..
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:03:20 -0500

Doug Mentohl wrote:
the FSF decided long ago to allow developers to use GCC's
libraries to compile any program, regardless of its license.

Thank you.

Developing nonfree software is not good for society, and we have
no obligation to make it easier.

Thank God society has people like you and the F.S.F. to correct them
concerning the error of their ways. I can't understand how society
managed to make any technological progress before Richard Stallman
and his acolytes invented Free computer programming.

Proprietary people like Dennis Richie and Ken Thompson have been
demonstrated to be real morons by failing to develop Stallman's
brilliant insights.

We decided to permit this because forbidding it seemed likely to
 backfire, and because using small libraries to limit the use of
GCC seemed like the tail wagging the dog.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)