Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:37:41 -0500

Rjack wrote:
This something the SFLC NEVER, NEVER, NEVER wanted to happen.

The other cases were settled when the defendants came into
compliance with the GPL. Generally speaking, no one wants to
go to court if they can settle, because going to court brings
an element of unpredictability. I have served on jury duty
where the case was settled on the same morning as we were
about to begin hearing testimony. But your opinion that the
SFLC is afraid to pursue the cases in court should settlement
not be forthcoming is based on no evidence, and is wishful
thinking only.