Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:58:30 +0000 (UTC)

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

>I find the many web sites that publish descriptive "how-to" projects as
>sample code to be much more useful than GPL stuff.  These authors seem only
>interested in educating those who read their articles and rarely demand any
>sort of quid pro quo.  Microsoft itself publishes gigabytes of tutorials and
>samples for this purpose.

Since you were defending the MIT license and criticizing the GPL
license, let me ask you this:

These "how-to" web sites, including Microsoft's alleged gigabytes of
tutorials -- do they use the MIT license, thus allowing you to freely
republish their content freely?

If not, then I fail to see your point.
--
Rahul