Re: Freedom. . . NOT

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Freedom. . . NOT
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:51:10 -0500

RonB wrote:
Rjack wrote:

"So over the weekend I began to think about the GPL and my general
disdain for it. For a license that is touted as 'free', it certainly
doesn't feel that way. As a libertarian, I've often found myself baffled
by the leftist stance that freedom has to be enforced with overwhelming
regulation, and to me, the GPL is one of the best examples of such
repression. Its viral nature is neither business nor government
friendly, and its proliferation places a great strain on a developer's
ability to quickly and freely incorporate quality software into highly
complex and disparate systems. . . "

http://www.tbradford.org/2008/09/kinder-gentler-free-software-license.html

They incorporate and share -- why should that be a "viral nature." So what
is it the writer is advocating? Legal theft?

"Forced" sharing through copyright misuse is illegal theft.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)