Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 14:28:52 -0500

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
"Technically, the Federal Circuit's ruling will have no precedential,
effect. Because of an unusual quirk in US law, the court had to apply
the legal standards of a sister appellate court, the 9th Circuit Court
of Appeals; and the Federal Circuit's interpretation of 9th Circuit law
has no precedential value. "Even a future Federal Circuit case on this
area of the law must look again to the regional [9th] circuit and not
the Federal Circuit interpretation," according to Harold Wegner, a
partner in the Washington, DC office of Foley & Lardner."

It follows that Katzer has invited the District Court to ignore the
CAFC's ruling:

http://jmri.net/k/docket/230.pdf

>>> It follows that Katzer has invited the District Court to ignore the CAFC's ruling: <<<

Unfortunately, many posters in this group do not appreciate your wisdom Alex.