Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:16:40 -0600

On 2008-02-14, Johnny Rocket <sinister.midget@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 4:27 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
>> In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> didnst hastily scribble thusly:

>> > Music and movies.
>>
>> He has?
>> I don't recall him admitting engaging in shoplifting or burglary.
>> He didn't even admit to mugging someone for a DVD or CD they were
>> carrying... So... what did he steal?
>>
>> What physical property did he deprive some other entity (be it person or
>> company) of?
>>
>> Copying a file is not theft because the so called "victim" is not deprived
>> of the original.

You are trying to conflate things that are mass produced and
distributed as widely as possible with SECRETS.

Who's the idiot.

The harm that tends to come from the abuse of secrets doesn't
come from merely from the fact that the information has been
replicated.

--

        Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone               |||
        who has pirated their music                                  / | \