Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:12:38 +0100 (CET)

   >    >One does not call BSD using Mach for Mach, one calls it BSD.
   >
   >    I'm not sure what you mean by "for Mach", but if you mean "one
   >    doesn't call it Mach" then you're mistaken.  I have often
   >    heard people refer to it that way, and I can't recall ever
   >    hearing them refer to it as BSD.
   >
   > Would be the first time I have heard it, and I have been mucking
   > about with Mach for quite sometime now.  Then again, people
   > insist that tomatos are vegetables, and not fruits so I am not
   > really suprised.

   "tomatoes", please.  Anyway, we have a Supreme Court decision about
   tomatoes, cf. <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden>.

   In any case, you are commingling the food group "fruit" with the
   biological term "fruit".  The fruit of the tomato plant, like
   eggplants, zucchinis, bell peppers, peanuts, is not commonly
   characterized as belonging to the food group "fruit".

What is popular doesn't need to be true, or correct.

   In a nutshell, a single tomato is "a fruit", but not "fruit".

   Or, put differently, you got eggplant on your face.

I think you mean `an eggplant', now who has the dirty face?