Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 14:08:50 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote:
> >
> > [... crying revisionism ...]
> >
> > Dear GNUtian dak, please visit
>
> Why change the topic?  We were talking about a dedicated Linux site
> which called Linux "a clone of the operating system Unix" and said that
> this operating system clone was created by Linux Torvalds from scratch
> even though the term "Unix" certainly comprises more than just a kernel.

Dear GNUtian dak, why don't you submit a patch fixing that page on
kernel.org to Linus or someone else in charge of its maintenance? But
please note that the context is mostly operating system features like
"true multitasking", "virtual memory", "shared copy-on-write
executables" and stuff like that.

http://www.kernel.org/
("true multitasking...")

regards,
alexander.

--
"Plaintiffs’ copyrights are unique and valuable property whose market
value is impossible to assess"

                             -- SOFTWARE FREEDOM LAW CENTER, INC.