Re: Software Patents

From: Bruce Lewis
Subject: Re: Software Patents
Date: 19 Jun 2007 14:09:04 -0400

rjack <rjack@com> writes:

> This was an open invitation by the Supreme Court directed to Congress
> requesting that Congress simply do its job --- *LEGISLATE*.

Yes, but if Congress declines this invitation, then one should assume
that the Supreme Court's opinion that software is not patentable is
good-enough law.

Yes, I know a later lower-court opinion (In re Alappat) muddied things,
but that's for the Supreme Court to clear up, not Congress.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing