GNU License Again but this time a different question

From: mike3
Subject: GNU License Again but this time a different question
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:13:04 -0700

Hi.

Yes, yet another GNU License question, but this time it's different.

What happens if I get some GPL code, and read it to learn something
about how to solve some stumbling block with something I can't seem to
figure out how to program, then used the knowledge gained to write my
own piece of code? Do I have to GPL that piece of code and/or any and
all other programs built around it?