Re: GNU License, Again

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU License, Again
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:11:28 +0200 (CEST)

   >    The _growth_ and evolution of this pool is important:
   >    stagnation is not going to cut it much in a rapidly evolving
   >    landscape.
   >
   > It is important, but not the goal of the GPL and never was.

   Again, your views clash with that of the actual author of the GPL,
   even though you feel qualified for some reason to speak for him.

I fail to see where they clash at all.  Richard speaks about sharing
the pool of software that already exists, not converting non-free
software into free software.  Maybe when you wish to quote something,
you ought to understand it first.

   Is this not rather clearly expressed?  Why do you feel that you are
   better qualified to state Stallman's views than Stallman himself?

Yes, protecting the pool of free software that exists, not converting
non-free software into free software.  Thank you for proving my point.

   I don't question your loyalty to Stallman, but you are not doing
   him a favor by making a spectacle of yourself and the GNU project
   by misrepresenting his views, even if it may be done in good faith.

I have no loyalty to Richard.