Re: Question about GPL theft

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Question about GPL theft
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:46:27 +0100

Seg, 2007-05-21 às 15:43 -0700, mike3 escreveu:
> Which is why I don't use the term myself. But I know what people
> are referring to when they use it, and so I provided what seemed
> like a plausible clarification so that the essence of what was
> being said could be kept in the discussion and not have things get
> caught up in semantics, thereby diverting it from the topic at hand.

Why do people so frequently think that "semantics" is a bad thing that
should be avoided for fear of disgust and puke?

If you don't pay attention to semantics you miscommunicate. You say
things that aren't and don't say things that are.

There's no need to say things in an incorrect form just because some do
so. You help them understand better by not feeding their bad-semantics.

Maybe you could offer them a dictionary with the words steal and copy
underlined :)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?