Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Herr Professor: "giving away coupons acti

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Herr Professor: "giving away coupons activity by Microsoft is meaningless and useless"
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:29:19 +0200

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
> > Given that MS vouchers don't contain any code whatsoever, what does
> > it have to do with copyright to begin with?
>
> Copyright law prohibits a lot more than copying.

It's always funny to see GNUtians ("free as in freedom") arguing
for copyright to be interpreted open end, so to speak.

> You're not that naive.

And you're just stupid. Well, when are we going to see Eben finally
going to court against Microsoft? Interestingly, his latest amicus
was in support of Microsoft in the case that saved MS billions in
current (no less than 60% of currently pending monetary sanctions)
and future patent liabilities.

regards,
alexander.

--
"I am on leave from Columbia Law School for the academic year 2006-07.
I can be contacted most easily through the Software Freedom Law Center.

  -- Eben "Anarchism Triumphant"/"dot Communist Manifesto"/"Gates
     sufferes from autism" Moglen