Re: gpl licensing

From: rjack
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 08:35:42 -0500

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:

Do you know where could I find a link with a tutorial about GPL licensing? For me official document is very difficult to read, i dont understand anything.

Try the GPL FAQ,

GNU moron's Torah. Law of Stallman.

regards, alexander.

P.S. Hey miguelx6, read

http://www.usfca.edu/law/determann/softwarecombinations060403.pdf

Do you know where could I find a link with a tutorial about GPL licensing? For me official document is very difficult to read, i dont understand anything.

You should first read these links from Prof. Eben Moglen the eminent
legal advisor to the Free Software Foundation:

Free Software Matters: Enforcing the GPL, I  by Eben Moglen
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/lu-12.html

Free Software Matters: Enforcing the GPL, II  by Eben Moglen
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/lu-13.html

Kunze Letter
http://www.nccusl.org/nccusl/meetings/UCITA_Materials/kunze-ucita.pdf

The learned Professor unequivocally makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that
copyright licenses are NOT contracts.

Pay no attention to contract interpretation or scope of grant of rights.
Simply accept everything Prof. Moglen says as gospel truth about the GPL and linking. Also forget about patent infringement as the GPL neutralizes all patent claims in GPL'd software.

All your code is covered by the GPL as is your wife, the kids, and the
family dog.

Believe him as do eighty percent of the World's open source developer's.
Just Believe.