Re: Gentoo Linux copyright / CDDL question

From: James Carlson
Subject: Re: Gentoo Linux copyright / CDDL question
Date: 20 Oct 2006 19:24:22 -0400

Drazen Kacar <dave@fly.srk.fer.hr> writes:
> >  Nonsense.  It protects both Sun and the contributor from being dragged
> >  to arbitrary third locations to defend themselves.
>
> Dragged by whom? USA is as arbitrary third location from my point of
> view. The whole USA, not just California. And I certainly don't want to
> be dragged in any USA court. I have nothing against them, but, you know,
> there are people who just don't live in the USA.

No kidding.  Snide remarks aside, I think you're still
misunderstanding, and I can't tell why that might be.

I said "third location" because I meant it.  Here's a better
description of the problem than I can muster, and from an actual
lawyer (no less):

  http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/choice_of_venue

> >  But, again, if you don't understand the language there (legalese is
> >  indeed dense stuff), you're best off getting good counsel.
>
> In which country?

Yours.  Or the ones in which you do business.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <james.d.carlson@sun.com>