Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:57:55 +0100

Qui, 2006-10-05 às 09:43 +0200, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> >From groklaw comments to "Eben Moglen: A Renewed Invitation to Kernel
> Developers"...
>
> --------
> > I realize that Linus was never interested in the four freedoms the
> > GPL was supposed to ensure.
>
> The earliest reference to the "four freedoms" that I can find is around
> 1999 (feel free to prove me wrong, but I've commented elsewhere and
> noones refuted it yet).
> --------

That quote shows either ignorance or malice from whoever said it. It is
very easy to find out it is a lie. So its either ignorance or malice.

The "web" didn't really start with http, there were many other things,
like newsgroups:

http://groups.google.com/group/net.micro/browse_thread/thread/9e8efc7fd71be471/6d8379685c3ad380?lnk=st&q=gnu+manifesto&rnum=53&hl=en

The above link is to a post from 1985! Which reprints RMS's article on
Dr. Dobbs Journal March 1985.

Dr. Dobbs was a very famous and respected magazine.