Re: Looking for an open source license..

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Looking for an open source license..
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:50:11 +0200 (CEST)

   Or dear. How much will you pay me for a CD full of GPL'd binaries
   (and no source code at all) which I'm going to distribute to you
   under contractual agreement imposing forbearance from exercising
   the rights granted to you under the GPL by the copyright owners?

You are free to distribute a CD or any other media containing GPLed
software.  The GPL explicitly allows this.  But you have to do one of
the following if you do so, from section 3 of the GNU GPL version 2: