Re: GPL libraries and linking

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL libraries and linking
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:07:34 +0200

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote on Tue, 23 May 2006 16:46:18 +0200:
> >> 1. http://kororaa.org/index.php?entry=entry060521-200059
>
> > Stallman should be sued for damages to the global environment and lost
> > productivity. Amount of time, energy, bandwidth, and other resources
> > spent on trying to make sense of his idiotic literary work is
> > horrifying.
>
> Actually, RMS's technical writing is perhaps the clearest, best organised
> and most efficient on the whole planet.

I meant: (http://www.fsf.org/news/gpl3.html)

----
The GPL is the Literary Work of Richard M. Stallman

Some copyright licenses are no doubt known, in the restricted circle of
one firm or law office, as the achievement of a single author's acumen
or insight. But it is safe to say that there is no other copyright
license in the world that is so strongly identified with the achievements,
and the philosophy, of a single public figure. Mr. Stallman remains the
GPL's author, with as much right to preserve its integrity as a work
representative of his intentions as any other author or creator. Under
his guidance, the Free Software Foundation, which holds the copyright
of the GPL, will coordinate and direct the process of its modification.
----

So I gather that GPLv3 will create an even bigger disaster. Well, on
the other hand I can kind of understand.. swan song and all that.

regards,
alexander.