Re: GPL licenced Java application using non GPL jars (libraries)

From: Ben
Subject: Re: GPL licenced Java application using non GPL jars (libraries)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 01:11:57 +0100

The jars have open source licences and allow for distribution under those licences.

The software will be being distributed as a web archive (a Java war file, a kind of zip file with meta data for direct deployment in a Java servlet container). As such the jars will need to be included for the web app's auto deployment. There is no real version dependency as the jars can be swapped out with later versions in both the distribution I'd provide and can be overidden by the end user if required on deployment (or by manually changing the contents of the war (a zip) file).

Cheers,

Benjamin

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2006 21:53:50 +0100