Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:14:51 -0500

   You wanna write an app for our OS? Ask our permission first. Thank
   you.

If you license your code under a Free Software license, then you
recived that permission[0].  The FSF doesn't care for people who wish
to restrict users of their freedom; it has the opposite goal, to
protect those freedoms for past and future generations.  And the GPL
is the tool to achive this goal.

As for what the licencing terms of a non-free operating system are I
wouldn't know since I don't use non-free software to begin with.

[0]: Many projects, specially system parts of GNU, have special
clauses or use the Lesser GPL to allow mixing with non-free software.