Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 21:32:40 -0700

Snuffelluffogus <darkred@myway.com> writes:

> Their $1 million yearly budget cannot be accounted for by individual
> donations. But hey, good try.

67% of the FSF budget comes from individual contributions according to
their home page (and I don't see any reason to doubt that; it's publically
verifiable information for a non-profit organization in the US, I
believe).

$1 million isn't very much money.  That's only about 10,000 associate
members who are only donating the minimum dues.  Many other charitable
organizations have considerably more regular doners than that.