Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: Kenneth P. Turvey
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:55:02 -0500

On 29 Apr 2004 12:48:13 -0700, Snuffelluffogus <darkred@myway.com> wrote:

> I don't know what cult you belong to, but your logic is profoundly
> stupid and insensitive. An unemployed American worker does not have
> any standard of living.

Cult?  I haven't found one I can really identify with, but I'll keep
you informed.

Your statement presupposes that sending work to the lowest bidder
leads to fewer jobs in the U.S.  I don't really believe that to be
true, short-term or long-term.

It's complicated, but maximizing the world's output is really what you
want to shoot for.  You want a growing world economy that lifts all
boats.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt@squeakydolphin.com>

  Artificial Intelligence Algorithms Wiki