Re: Is this circumvention of the GPL?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Is this circumvention of the GPL?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:05:38 -0700 (MST)

    I mean that the compiler has routines for formatting
    RTLS into various graphs formats.
    All of the graph-formats are read by graph layout
    tools. The graph layout tools are generally not free.

I guess we need to develop a free graph-layout tool.
Is there really NO free graph-layout tool?

I am having trouble understanding the facts that people stated about
the early versions of VCG.  As a result, I cannot tell whether they
were free software or not.

    A port of the AISee front end to GNOME and the freeing
    of all the changes that were made to the GPLed

Do you mean convincing the company whose product AISee is to make it
free software?  That seems unlikely unless they go bankrupt.