[GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software t

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines".
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 01:24:57 +0200

Hi,

Several GNU/Linux distributions did and/or still do ship a package
called sky (Guix), bass (Parabola), beneath-a-steel-sky (PureOS,
Trisquel) for the beneath a steel sky game that depends on ScummVM (a
virtual machine for some games).

Its license contains the following[1]:
>  3) You may not charge a fee for the game itself. This includes
> reselling the game as an individual item.

This has been fixed in Parabola already by removing that game.

Since this issue is clear enough and common across several
distributions I propose adding that game to the List of software that
does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines[2].

We would then need to bug report to other FSDG distributions being
affected.

It might also be a good idea to look if we have other games distributed
by scummVM in FSDG distributions and look at their licenses.